With emerging innovations and modern technologies, the marketing paradigm has taken a shift. Instead of coughing up money on TV commercials and billboards, marketers are turning to digital marketing. From online selling, customer interactions to feedback – the digital world has made marketing effortless and budget-friendly. Likewise, the increased internet surfing is encouraging businesses to develop their websites. However, will there be any point in having a website that appears on the 6th page of search results? Of course, not.
In addition to designing an eye-catchy site, you have to pay more attention to the website’s visibility. You have to ensure it appears on the top results to drive traffic and leads to the website. Here, search engine optimization (SEO) comes into play. It is an essential tool in deciding the course of your popularity and success. After all, SEO holds the power to increase or decrease your website’s rankings. Thus, don’t forget to optimize your webpage for the search engine.
If keeping up with evolving algorithms can be quite overwhelming, stick to SEO’s core principles. From page speed, meta descriptions to mobile optimization – smart on-page SEO techniques can streamline your entire marketing strategy. However, if you are foreign to the SEO world, have a look below. Here we are highlighting five prime principles of SEO in the marketing strategy.
- Focus on SEO E-A-T
In the past few days, the concept of E-A-T is making waves in the digital world. Although it is not an explicit ranking factor, search quality closely aligns with this concept. The term breaks down into expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness. It refers to assessing search results’ quality. Hence, every business should work on their website EAT because it can directly affect rankings. After all, Google uses different signals as a proxy to evaluate the relevance of E-A-T.
Any idea how to improve your webpage’s EAT? Even though there is no accurate way to enhance E-A-T, some Google guidelines can come in handy. Have a look below.
- Draft an impeccable byline as they are now critical to SEO teams than ever before. It should have the author’s name and publishing date to demonstrate authenticity. After all, people take a second to decide whether they have landed on a trustworthy page or not.
- Fact-check your content and make sure it is not against the sources that Google trusts, i.e., Wikipedia, Wikidata, etc. Also, you must cite legit sources in the content to exhibit expertise.
- Even though brands don’t like to brag, this is what you should do at times. If your brand specializes in producing eco-friendly bags, you can tell people about them to establish authoritativeness.
- Perform Keyword Research
Unsurprisingly, keyword research is one of the most crucial components of SEO. Every time users search for something online, they use keywords to find relevant information and data. Thus, if you want these leads to find your business, you have to utilize the right keywords. For instance, if someone is searching for ‘branded handbags,’ your luxury bag’s site should have the same keywords. But how would you know the exact ‘words and phrases’ people use to search?
Fortunately, keyword research helps you find the most accurate terms for your SEO campaign. It unfolds the standard terms people are using to search for similar products and services like yours. Likewise, keyword research can also reveal words that are better for your campaign. At times, brands continue targeting short-tail keywords without realizing that long-tail ones have a higher ranking potential. With the right choice of keywords, you can reach out to more people interested in your brand and enjoy higher conversions.
- Build Internal & External Links
Undoubtedly, link building has always been amongst the top-ranking factors for SEO. The links coming to your site serve as confidence votes, reflecting your site’s credibility. After all, Google values what others think of your brand. So, how about you add some backlinks to craft a strong SEO strategy? More than focusing on quantity, the quality of links matter. A link from CNN with a domain authority of 95 will be far more valuable than links from unknown websites.
Moreover, add links internally to the webpage’s content to guide your audience about additional pages. Internal links take them to more informative content, expanding their knowledge and interest in the brand. Remember, authority and trust are paramount when it comes to link building. Hence, never try to outsmart SEO with your link building practices.
- Augment User Experience
Whether it is voice optimization or graphics, Google believes in offering customers the optimal experience. As a result, user experience plays a fundamental role in SEO. If people spend additional time on your site, engage with content, the ‘dwell time’ would be high. Surprisingly, Google sees this as a positive signal, boosting your site’s rankings. So, do you want to enhance the user experience? Here we are unfolding three elements that have a direct impact on user experience.
- Page Speed: These days, visitors don’t wait for more than three seconds to load a web page. It means if your site is taking ages to load, you are losing potential traffic and sales. Therefore, improve the page’s loading time to get it operating quickly.
- Navigation Tools: Can people navigate through your site readily? Often, the interface is quite complicated for an average user, impacting their experience. You have to use broad category headings to keep the content more organized. Likewise, add visible buttons and fewer tabs to direct your audience to more specific information.
- Mobile Optimization: As more people are using their smartphones to make purchases, optimize your site for mobile devices. Eliminate all zoom in and out problems and ensure visuals are not shaking on small screens.
- Publish Stellar Content
Even in the 21st century, the content remains the king. In addition to driving valuable traffic to your site, it boosts SEO’s bottom line. As people spend time reading website content, it increases dwell time and sends a positive signal to Google. Therefore, develop a stellar content marketing strategy. You can create blog posts on trending topics to captivate audiences. Likewise, explain niche-related phenomena or solve users’ problems with your content.
Moreover, you can utilize the power of visual content to make your webpage more attractive. For instance, if your target audience prefers customer reviews over other content, add testimonials. Videos are far more engaging and allow users to learn more about your product or services. Above all, make sure the content aligns with your brand’s niche and delivers your brand message across.
By far, SEO is an indispensable marketing strategy for digital businesses. It puts your website in front of potential leads, increasing the likelihood of conversions and profits. However, the changing algorithms make it seem not very easy, but you don’t have to dig into the technicalities. By applying primary SEO principles such as keyword research, link building, you can develop a brilliant strategy. Thus, helping you increase traffic and earn more conversions.